Friday, March 28, 2008

April Fool's Day Practice

So I call a broker trying to get some info as we are all wont to do these days. I get his assistant (of course), who is very, very, very nice, is always very helpful and is exceedingly polite and professional (and probably does three times as much work as the lazy bastard broker).

I tell her what I need...yada, yada, yada...and she asks, very sweetly, "And at what number can he reach you?"

I said - and I am not making this up - "32."

She wasn't prepared for that. She replied, " Excuse me?"

I said, "32. It's a great number, don't you think?"

Obviously blonde (sorry, but I'd bet money on it), she still doesn't get it and asks, again, innocently "Is that your extension?"

Obviously evil, I respond, "No. I just like it. But my phone number is....."

Don't worry.

I know I am going to hell.

No comments: