Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Actual Conversation

Becca Krumdieck: So. What is THE deal? Are you, like, doing Jim McCollum's bracket this year?
Me: Huh?
Becca: I am TOTALLY confused.
Me: Huh?
Becca: Is it $2 or $10 this year? I got two emails and, like, they seem kind of contradictory. And what does Patio Furniture have to do with March Madness?
Me: Huh?
Becca: So how much is it to play in your tournament? I guess Jim isn't having one this year. I used to play in his. I almost like totally won one year, but they told me I didn't win because the blue team got beat by the red team.
Me: Jim is still having one - but it is very expensive. We have one, too. It's all inclusive and we've kept our entry fee at Wal-Mart levels to insure maximum participation. Plus we have a newsletter.
Becca: So we are having two brackets this year?
Me: Uh, yeah.
Becca: Oh. My. God. I was so confused! It's like, well, you know, I thought there was just one this year or something. Whatever.
Me: So what are you going to do?
Becca: I think I'll play in Jim's bracket.
Me: I think that's wise.

No comments: