Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'll take things that come in last for $500, Alex.

Adam Tinker writes:

It may be worse by now; or the cosmos might have aligned and I’m back within the century mark of first place uber-picker (brackets, not nose), Mr. Alexander.

Since I cannot yet concede total defeat, and here we must turn our attention to the fact that most if not all of my sweet 16 teams remain (which is actually not an uncommon feat, and therefore quite a flimsy argument), I will endeavor to explain myself amid the allegations and near indictment that you thrust upon me in your improperly proclaimed “infamous” web log.

It’s quite simple actually. Much like my first day of work, I’m sandbagging. Ingenious.

Oops…116 points from first.

Does not Adam remind us, in some small way, of Cawdor's death scene in MacBeth:

"Nothing in this pool became him like the leaving of it.
"

No comments: