Friday, March 19, 2010

Really?

All politicans lie.

But, as in Orwell's Animal Farm, some lie more than others.

So my wife is on me to get back on The Facebook. I get on this morning and I tried to "friend" this guy:



You can too - here is his link.

I was interested because he wrote this on his wall:


Barack Obama

We can't kick this problem down the road for another decade -- or even another year.
Can you write a letter to the editor of your local paper right now?
my.barackobama.com

President Obama and many allies in Congress are working hard to finish the job on health reform -- but we can't rest until it's done. Your note will help break through the Washington spin and show members of Congress and the media that local voters want action.:


[Every time I see the link to my.barack.obama.com the song "My Sharona" pops into my head. Then I can't get it out all day. Da Da Da Da Dum. Da Da Dum. Da Da Dum.]

Back to the lying part.

An alarming new study shows that U.S. health care spending rose to an estimated $2.5 trillion in 2009 and is projected to nearly double by 2019.


Really? Because a lot of people follow health care spending, and I have seen some different numbers. Let's look at the Kaiser Family Foundation. That's ALL they do is follow healthcare spending.

In 1970, total health care spending was about $75 billion, or only $356 per person. In less than 40 years these costs have grown to $2.2 trillion, or $7,421 per person. As a result, the share of economic activity devoted to health care has grown from 7.2 percent in 1970 to 16.2 percent in 2007. By the year 2018, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) projects that health spending will be one-fifth of GDP (20.3 percent).


Let's compare.

Barack Obama hints on The Facebook that healthcare spending will be around $5 TRILLION in 2019. Kaiser suggests that it will be about $2.8 TRILLION in 2018. So obviously a lot of people will be getting very sick in 2019, because spending will shoot up $2.2 TRILLION in that year alone.

I don't know how the President knows this, but he must be very, very smart.

Or very, very dishonest.

No comments: