Friday, March 19, 2010

Really? Part II

So I come back from lunch and park next to Kelly. As I get out I notice her tennis racquet has a broken string. Something I first noticed about one month ago when I also happened to park next to her.

So I stop by her desk/cube, aware that she is working very hard lately, and I ask her, "Do you want me to take that racquet in to be re-strung?"

I, of course, was joking.

She replies, "No, that's okay. My parents have a racquet re-stringer at home. I'll just do it myself next time I am over there."

Did not see that coming.

They have their own racquet re-stringer. Really? Makes me wonder what else they may "do themselves."

Me: Kelly, I heard you broke your arm this weekend. Ouch. What happened?
Kelly: I tripped on my cat.
Me: How long were you at the hospital?
Kelly: Oh, I didn't go to the hospital. My parents bought a used X-ray machine a few years ago. We took a few shots and saw that it was just a hairline fracture. My Mom always keeps some extra plaster around, so she just put the cast on herself.
Me:
Kelly: Why spend the money, right? I mean, sure, those X-ray machines use a TON of electricity. But they bought this old reactor from TVA when I was a kid...

No comments: