Saturday, March 27, 2010

Et Tu, Bealer?

It comes down to this: If Kentucky wins the title then all is right with the world, health care reform notwithstanding. John Calipari, you cheating bastard, you're okay by me!

Some people (me) have Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor and Kentucky in the Final Four. Other people (Bealer) have Kansas, Kansas State, Duke and West Virginia.

And then there is Jessica "Fly in the Ointment" Hodges, who has Kentucky, Duke, Syracuse and Kansas. She's a long shot, but she's also established herself as a tough out.

And finally, Adam "I've Been Winning Since Day One and I am Not Going to Grab Defeat From the Jaws of Victory" Tinker, who has Kansas, Kansas State, Duke and West Virginia. I have included Adam simply to illustrate that he cannot win this bracket under any circumstances.

If Kentucky beats West Virginia, Baylor beats Duke and K State beats Butler then the score will be:

Bealer 64
Hodges 57
Erickson 68
Tinker 59

I refer to this as the "best case scenario" or "as it should be." Beverly, I'll collect my money now. I don't have to understand LOST now. I can afford one of those "Life is good" t-shirts and wear it proudly.

If West Virginia beats Kentucky, Duke beats Baylor and K State beats Butler then the score will be:

Bealer 72
Hodges 61
Erickson 60
Tinker 67

I refer to this as the "worst case scenario" or "son of a bee sting." Darn you, Todd Bealer!

But wait, there's more!

If Kentucky beats West Virginia, Duke beats Baylor and K State beats Butler then the score will be:

Bealer 68
Hodges 65
Erickson 64
Tinker 63

I refer to this as the "too close for comfort" or "it still will work out for the best if Kentucky beats Duke in the Final Four."

If West Virginia beats Kentucky, Baylor beats Duke and K State beats Butler then the score will be:

Bealer 68
Hodges 56
Erickson 64
Tinker 63

I refer to this as the "can't suck enough" or "I haven't felt this sick since Pelosi became Speaker." Darn you, Todd Bealer! Again!

If Kentucky beats West Virginia, Duke beats Baylor and Butler beats K State then the score will be:

Bealer 64
Hodges 65
Erickson 64
Tinker 59

I refer to this as the "I hate combinations and permutations" or "it still will work out for the best if Kentucky beats Duke in the Final Four."

No comments: