Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Which I Solve All of America's Problems

Working on taxes all day makes you think about, well, taxes. This in turn leads me to think about all of the Obama nominees that didn’t pay their taxes. To refresh, here’s the updated scorecard:

* Geithner, Treasury Secretary (confirmed)
* Daschle, HHS Secretary (withdrawn)
* Killefer, “Chief Performance Officer” (withdrawn)
* Solis, Labor Secretary (still nominated)
* Emanuel, Chief of Staff (no confirmation required)
* Kirk, US Trade Representative (still nominated)

And then it occurs to me: A SOLUTION TO ALL OF THE NATION’S PROBLEMS!™

Why don’t we nominate everyone for the Obama cabinet?

Think about it for a second:

1. Unemployment rate: 0%. Sweet!
2. If everyone is employed, they'll have money to buy stuff and pay their mortgage. Housing crisis solved!
3. The Housing crisis led to the banking crisis. All those toxic assets are healthy again. Financial crisis solved!
4. We all work for the government, so we all have health insurance! Health Care Reform? Unnecessary!
5. Here's the really good part: Everyone will have to pay his or her back taxes. This would lead to a huge windfall for the Treasury. Say hello to a balanced budget!! Goodbye massive deficit!

It's so crazy it just might work.

What?

You don't think it will work?

Well, I have one question for you: how is it any more crazy than the ideas Obama has floated so far? I know the guy smoked weed when he was younger. I didn't know he was a stoner. (I’d make a Jeff Spicoli reference but I fear no one would get it.)

No comments: