Saturday, March 28, 2009

Irby, Team McGowan Surge Towards Lead

Knoxville (AP) - Clay "Multiple Entry" Irby has overcome a sluggish start to post a perfect Elite Eight, and now finds himself alone in sixth place with an excellent shot of correctly guessing all four final four teams. Our field reporter Mark Worthington caught up with the Clayster early this morning.

MW: Sixth? I don't believe it.
CI: I know. Pretty impressive, huh? The South and Midwest killed. If I had gotten all the games I missed I'd be in first place.
MW:
CI: My nose is bleeding.
MW: That's because you are so high in the standings and you aren't used to the altitude.
CI:
MW: Or you're on the island with the Lost cast. If the latter, will please ask Juliet (who is quite the babe) what the hell is going on? No one ever asks her any questions but clearly she knows a lot more than she is saying.
CI: Is there a billing code for that?

Team McGowan remains perched in second and third place, respectively, the strongest showing in tournament history by a married couple. Reporter John Bailes had a chance to speak to the young couple.

JB: Gosh darn it! How are you beating me?
MM: Pretty simple really: More cowbell.
JB: Some have suggested that if the standings remain where they are you might qualify as a Biggest Loser winning couple.
WM: Who said that?
JB: One guess.
MM: Grrrrrrrrr.
JB: If you win is there any idea how you'll spend the winnings?
MM: Big "if" - but I think it'll go towards shoes.
WM: Good answer.
MM: That's what you told me to say. Now can I go watch Superbad?

No comments: